RSS chief Dr Mohan Bhagwat and Vishwa Hindu Parishad general secretary Pravin Togdia guided the 'closed door' meeting of 'core committee', at the spacious Vyankatesh Lawns here, comprising nearly 175 national Sangh pracharaks and office-bearers, sources told PTI.
The RSS and VHP kept the media at a distance as they sat down to deliberate over the Sangh strategies and policies for the forthcoming polls. Local RSS functionaries were also kept away from the meeting, sources said.
RSS, which wields influence over BJP, is expected to discuss the outline of the strategies to be adopted for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls at its core committee meeting today, sources said.
The same is expected to be put forth for consideration of BJP when party president Rajnath Singh arrives here tomorrow.
BJP's poll campaign committee chief Narendra Modi is also likely to visit Amravati and guide the pracharaks during the shibir period. However, there was no confirmation on Modi's likelihood of attending the Shibir.
RSS dignitaries like Suresh Soni, Datta Hosbade, Bhaiyyaji Joshi and VHP's Ashok Singhal are also expected to be at the venue in a day or two.
From Our Network
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: PM Modi on IPL row
- Work on border fencing on Indo-Bangla border to be completed
- Sourav Ganguly wasn't even present during my interview, says Ravi Shastri
- Militants ambush CRPF bus in Kashmir; eight soldiers martyred, 24 injured