RSS chief Dr Mohan Bhagwat and Vishwa Hindu Parishad general secretary Pravin Togdia guided the 'closed door' meeting of 'core committee', at the spacious Vyankatesh Lawns here, comprising nearly 175 national Sangh pracharaks and office-bearers, sources told PTI.
The RSS and VHP kept the media at a distance as they sat down to deliberate over the Sangh strategies and policies for the forthcoming polls. Local RSS functionaries were also kept away from the meeting, sources said.
RSS, which wields influence over BJP, is expected to discuss the outline of the strategies to be adopted for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls at its core committee meeting today, sources said.
The same is expected to be put forth for consideration of BJP when party president Rajnath Singh arrives here tomorrow.
BJP's poll campaign committee chief Narendra Modi is also likely to visit Amravati and guide the pracharaks during the shibir period. However, there was no confirmation on Modi's likelihood of attending the Shibir.
RSS dignitaries like Suresh Soni, Datta Hosbade, Bhaiyyaji Joshi and VHP's Ashok Singhal are also expected to be at the venue in a day or two.
From Our Network
- After photoshop fiasco, TMC in soup as BJP, Left threatens legal action
- If US, Iran can end hostilities, why not India, Pak: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arvind Kejriwal, Mamata Banerjee meet in Delhi ahead of Bihar polls
- Uttarakhand crisis: Nainital HC allows Speaker’s counsel to argue today in disqualification case
- BJP manipulated EVMs in Gujarat civic polls, says Congress
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special