Kejriwal, who also demanded Khurshid's resignation from the Cabinet, announced his protest programme after a group of 35-40 disabled persons met him at his office here. “Money bungling in the NGO floated by the Law Minister's wife is a matter of shame. It is unfortunate to have such Law Minister in the country.
“We demand resignation of the Law Minister and immediate arrest of his wife. We will gherao Sonia Gandhi's residence asking for Khurshid's resignation,” Kejriwal said.
A Hindi news channel yesterday alleged that the NGO forged signatures of senior officials in several districts of Uttar Pradesh depriving disabled people of their money.
Khurshid's wife Louise Khurshid denied the allegations and said it was “devoid of any merit, and is false, malicious and baseless”.
In a statement, she said she herself had requested UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on September 17 to conduct an inquiry so that “truth is revealed and it is established that the Trust has not forged the signatures of any officers of the state of UP”.
From Our Network
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Yeh hai Mohabbatein: Raman-Ishita love making photos leaked (view pics
- Is Kangana’s legal battle with Hrithik Roshan impacting her career?