The Map Room is so-named because it was used by President Franklin Roosevelt as a situation room from which to follow the course of World War II.
It now serves as a private meeting room for the president or the first lady. But until 1929, it had historically been used as a billiard room by many presidents, and occasionally for doctors' visits.
From Our Network
- A.R. Rahman to Arjit Singh: Salman Khan’s bad blood with musicians is not new. Here’s proof
- In India, alcohol kills a person every 96 minutes
- Salman’s ‘Sultan’ on same lines as SRK’s Chak De! India’. Here’s the proof!
- Second 'ad-wrapped' Metro train ready to hit tracks in Delhi
- Aha Love! Ash just did Q&A on Twitter and hubby Abhishek had a really important query