Pakistani troops began firing at Maan post, Roshni Post and Chhaja post in Mendhar from 5 pm and the Indian troops also replied, army sources said.
Meanwhile, at the Chakan-da-Bagh checkpost on the Line of Control, Indian trucks carrying goods were Thursday barred by Pakistani authorities from entering Pakistan, citing the tense situation along the Jammu and Kashmir border.
Pawan Anand, president of the Cross-LoC (Line of Control) Traders Union, told IANS that about 50 trucks were halted at the border in Poonch district.
From Our Network
- 15 deaths every hour: Why India desperately needs a stringent law on road safety
- Scientists discover 3 earth-sized planets which could support life
- Spurned by Hawaii, world’s largest telescope may now be built in Ladakh
- 10 Women commuters sexually assaulted at Murthal in Haryana: Report
- Kerala Principal furious after students prepare ‘grave’, sprinkle it with flowers as 'retirement gift'
- Learn to dry-clean your clothes at home!
- Watch: Sushmita Sen gives ‘wonderful’ speech at daughter’s Annual Day function
- Karan Johar, Rishi Kapoor launch online casting portal
- Wahoo! Aamir Khan’s buys new bike containing metal of aircraft 'INS Vikrant'
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab US F16 deal