Today's minimum was three degree Celsius below normal and down from the previous day's minimum of 5.5 degrees, which was the previous lowest for the season.
Yesterday, the maximum was recorded at 13.3 degree Celsius, making it the coldest day.
Mercury at the lowest and icy winds made the city colder than usual in the morning hours with Weatherman predicting similar weather conditions for tomorrow.
Dense fog also enveloped the city in the morning hours affecting road and rail traffic as well as operations at the Indira Gandhi International Airport here.
The visibility dropped to near zero level.
The previous two New Years were a ‘warm' affair for the capital as minimum temperature were at above normal levels.
Last year, the minimum was 8.4 degree Celsius, one degree above normal and in 2011, it was 11 degrees, four degrees above normal.
“It is an icy feeling because of the wind. But it is nice,” said Sharmista Mathur, an executive with a accounting firm.
From Our Network
- Amitabh Bachchan requests Kangana Ranaut to recommend his name in her next movie?
- Will file witness list in National Herald case: Swamy to Delhi court
- Bajirao Mastani: Top 10 dialogues which will give you goosebumps
- West Bengal polls over, Mamata confident but high voter turnout gives hope to Congress-left alliance
- 5 interesting facts about Dinesh Karthik & Dipika Pallikal's wedding