An official source told IANS: "'Happy New Year' will be a Diwali release."
It will be officially announced through the film's first poster, which will be launched Thursday on the movie's social media pages - Twitter and Facebook.
"Happy New Year", directed by Farah Khan and produced by Red Chillies Entertainment Pvt Ltd., is being positioned uniquely as a musical heist.
The film also stars Deepika Padukone, Boman Irani, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Vivaan Shah.
Farah and Shah Rukh's past associations in films like "Main Hoon Na" and "Om Shanti Om" have turned out to be gold spinners.
They are doing every bit to spread the right kind of buzz about "Happy New Year".
The film's social media platforms have been very active and their first topic 'wacky wishes' has been trending on Twitter.
Also, a huge social media campaign has been set around the launch of the first poster of the film. The lead actors are actively participating in the campaign for the first poster launch.
From Our Network
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Revealed: This woman is the reason behind Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt’s cold war
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Salman Khan NOT to remove Arijit Singh’s song from ‘Sultan’!