Mumbai, Jan 15: After rocking the audience with Ooh La La last year, Bollywood actor Vidya Balan is gearing up for her very first item number in Vidhu Vinod Chopra's Ferrari Ki Sawari.
The track will be shot lavishly and will see Vidya go ultra glam, says a report.
The report quotes a source: "She's never attempted an item song before, so there was some scepticism.
"But once she saw portions of the film and met up with Vidhu, she was sold on the idea. The song will be a major highlight of the Rajesh Mapuskar-directed film."
"Vinod and Vidya share a great professional equation since he gave her a break in Parineeta.
"Naturally, it was very hard for her to resist the offer".
Work is still in progress on the item number and the concept will be finalised in the coming weeks.
The song will be shot early next month.
The team wants Vidya to be involved if possible in the process.
The choreographer for the number is still undecided.
From Our Network
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Oh No! Katrina Kaif visits hospital late night on Sunday. Here’s why
- Is Bollywood losing its charm? Just one film crossed the Rs 100 cr mark in 2016
- Subhash Ghai slams Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin & Lataji
- Love is in the air: ‘Mastani’ Deepika gives a ‘Befikre’ visit to Ranveer in Paris (see pic)