The latest quad-core chips are also supposed to have better battery backup, such as the Nvidia Tegra 3's fifth low-power companion core. Also, four-core CPUs tend to have better graphics processing units (GPUs) to match, such as the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4's Adreno 320.
Technically speaking, an Android phone, powered by quad-core processor, should have sharper screen resolution, smoother streaming of HD videos, and faster loading of apps along with faster opening of heavy graphic multiplayer games.
"The Android OS supports multi-threading and uses multiple CPU cores to deliver faster responsiveness and higher performance when the user is running multiple programmes at the same time. Multi-core processors also help deliver longer battery life by sharing workloads across multiple CPU cores and running each core at lower voltage and frequency. This results in significant battery life improvements," says NVIDIA.
Let us take a look at some of the best quad-core smartphones available in Indian market:
#1 Samsung Galaxy Win
Price: Rs 17,900
Samsung's Galaxy Win Duos is a mid-range Android smartphone that comes with a 1.2GHz Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 processor. The device comes with 1GB of RAM which means that all your major applications, internet and games will run without any glitch. The smartphones runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system and offers 8GB of internal memory with an option to expand it externally up to 32GB via microSD card.
Samsung has provided a primary camera of 5 megapixel along with a secondary 0.3 megapixel one. It also has a 2,000 mAh battery.
From Our Network
- The current status and future prospects of affordable housing in India
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Facebook rolls out ‘Hindi Transliteration’ feature to let users type in Devanagari
- Now, Shekhar Suman says Adhyayan never said Kangana did black magic
- Amma's poll manifesto: From Free phones to free gold, it's raining sops in Tamil Nadu
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Alastair Cook on the verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s 11-year old record!
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut