The first generation iPhone was launched on June 29, 2007 and the revolutionary gadget has come a long way since. For its 10th anniversary this year, the company is planning an overhaul. This could be the biggest revamp of iPhone in many years, and all the Apple fans, including myself, are already dizzy with delight! As much as we hate to admit, but Samsung, with its S8 launch has definitely raised the bar with some mind-blowing features like curved screens, encrypted facial recognition, deeper display colors, system-wide voice control and the ability to turn into a desktop computer. Your turn, Apple.
Rumours about the new iPhones being tested and built are floating all over web. We have compiled a few features from various sources on web and listed them here for you.
1. According to Bloomberg, Apple is preparing three iPhones for launch. It could include upgraded versions of the current two iPhone models and a new top-of-the-line handset with an overhauled look.
2. For the redesigned phone, Apple is testing a new type of screen, curved glass and stainless steel materials, and more advanced cameras, the report said.
3. The overhauled iPhone will use an organic light-emitting diode display that more accurately shows colors, while the other two phones will continue to use liquid crystal display technology and come in the same 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch screen sizes as last year's iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
4. This has got us really excited -- Apple is testing a screen that covers almost the entire front of the device, albeit this is only for the premium models.
5. Taking a cue from Samsung S8, Apple is trying to integrate the home button into the screen via a software, it will also help in cutting the overall size of the handset.