Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said the government has started Jan Aushadhi stores which are reducing the prices of medicines.
“The Government of India has started Jan Aushadhi stores, which is reducing the prices of medicines. It is important that the poor and the middle class gets access to affordable medicines,” PM Modi said while addressing a public meeting in Junagadh in Gujarat.
Here are important excerpts from his address:
- Today I could see the happiness on the faces of those who have been given their own homes: PM
- There are 9 initiatives, worth over Rs 500 crore, which are either being dedicated to the nation or their foundation stones are being laid. There is new energy and vibrancy in India's development journey: PM
- In Gujarat, there is a constant effort to ensure adequate water reaches every part of the state. We are also working towards water conservation: PM
- Medical colleges and hospitals are coming up across Gujarat, not only helping patients but also those who want to study medicine: PM
- The Government's emphasis on cleanliness is being universally appreciated. The importance to cleanliness is important because a Clean India ensures people do not suffer from diseases: PM
- The health sector requires good doctors, paramedical staff. We also want medical instruments to be made in India. The sector must also keep pace with the technological advancements globally: PM
- The coming of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana- Ayushman Bharat will transform the health sector and ensure the poor get top class healthcare and that too at affordable prices: PM
PM Modi is on a day-long visit to Gujarat.