A lot of people love the thought of getting married during monsoon, but there are some things one needs to keep in mind to make it a perfect affair, say experts.
That is why we did the needful and curated a list of what to do and what not to for your monsoon wedding!
Things you should be doing:
1. First and foremost, keep the wedding indoors. Book a hotel, hall or palace, as your budget permits, but there must be a solid roof over the head of your wedding guests.
2. Treat the season as a blessing, and plan a rain dance party as a pre-wedding event.
3. The wedding outfit can also be matched with the theme of the season, where one can opt for colours like peach, subtle gold and hues of pink.
4. Accessorise the wedding favours with umbrellas, cute raincoats and other rain-wear gear like flip flops.
5. Keep a balanced approach towards the number of hot and cold beverages.
Things you shouldn't be doing:
1. Monsoon is a bad time to wear make-up. Even waterproof make-up needs constant touch ups. However, one can always bet on high quality water-proof make-up to last longer and make less
of a mess.
2. Avoid heels and stilettos. Instead, opt for wedgies and even good old-fashioned jutties to go with your clothes.
3. Unless you wish for the hem of your dresses to be lined with brown/black grime, do not opt for floor length gowns, suits, anarkalis and designer dresses.
4. What is a wedding without flowers? A monsoon wedding! Flowers tend to welt quickly in the humid weather, so one should avoid flower-based decorations. Instead, go for lightweight parachute material decorations such as drapes and gazebo. Even artificial flowers can be a great option.
(With IANS Inputs)