Trending in Twitter showed maximum responses at # Feku, a hashtag created by a pro-Congress group on a day Modi talked about his association with social media like Facebook and Twitter.
'Modi Storms FICCI' was third in the priority list of Trends at the Twitter, a cause of some cheer for the pro-Congress groups and individuals active on social media.
However, not to be left behind, the pro-Modi and pro-BJP netizens quickly latched on to # Feku posting comments mocking Rahul Gandhi.
An avid twitterati Kartik Dayanand had a piece of advice " Lesson for Social Media teams, never create generic hashtags, now see what happened... #Feku has been hijacked by NaMo's team."
SanghParivar.Org posted "#FeKu's list of achievements till date: http://RahulGandhiAchievements.Com | a BLANK page".
Pawan Khera, who is Political Secretary to Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit, sought to debunk Modi's claims in his various tweets at the # Feku.
One of his tweets here said, "Delhi, AP, Chandigarh, Maharashtra, Punjab, UP, Gujarat, Rajasthan among 16 states that have lowered stamp duty for women".
This was an apparent counter to Modi's remarks that he had given property rights to women in his state and also provided them stamp duty relief.
In a series of tweets, press brief.In, a pro Congress group on social media also hit at out at Modi.
One of its tweets said, "Feku usi din dharashayi ho gaya, jis din FICCI Ladies ko Twitter and Facebook account dikhakar impress kar raha tah (Feku was demolished the same day, he was trying to impress the ladies from FICCI by flaunting his Facebook and Twitter reach).
In his tweet @JhaSanjay asked "Where is your wife, Mr Modi?"
Rahul Kanwal, editor of Headlines Today in his tweet "#Feku vs #PappuCII Makes political battle more interesting. For long Modi's army has had area domination. Cong's belated challenge".
In another tweet, he said,"#Feku vs #PappuCII: Twitter trolls at war. Cong hits back in Modi's on-line bastion."
The other #Pappu CII was created after Rahul Gandhi's speech at the CII.
At #Pappu CII, @kunalmajumder tweeted "another address and another sample of how well organised Modi supporters are on social media. RG camp has much to learn. #feku vs #pappuCII".
Rohan Joshi @mojorojo posted " So it's #FekuFICCI verss #PappuCII. This Salman Khan's cricket league is getting out of hand.
Women's entrepreneurship, empowerment and equality for the fair sex were the themes during Modi's hour-long interaction organised by the FICCI Ladies Organisation in which a number of entrepreneurs, including FICCI President Naina Lal Kidwai, were present.
From Our Network
- Monsoon Session: Lok Sabha adjourned for the day after obituary references
- Azam Khan calls Yogi Adityanath 'frustrated', advises him to get married
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress
- Rajya Sabha Chairman accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Released! Hrithik’s eyes speak a million words in Kaabil’s first look
- Leaked: Hot pics of reel 'Radhe Maa' aka Poonam Jhawer
- 10 Times Rakhi Sawant Blew Our Mind With Her Epic Statements
- Kangana gives PERFECT reason for not working with Salman, Aamir and SRK
- 7 hottest avatars of Surveen Chawla, Hate Story 2 actress