Publishing the final voters' list, Chief Electoral Officer (CEO), Asutosh Jindal said of the 23,52,505 voters, 11,64,656 were women.
He said as per norms set by the Election Commission despite publication of the final electoral roll, any eligible voter could have his name enlisted provided he filed application within January 17 with papers and records as thereafter, it will not be possible.
There were some variations from the draft voters' list and data shows that altogether 75090 new voters have been enrolled as part of the final roll while 46,259 fake, dead and Bangladeshi voters had been dropped from the list of draft voters, Jindal said.
He added that the net addition to the final roll from the draft stage was 3.30 per cent.
Tripura has been covered with 100 per cent EPIC which will facilitate easy vote taking and there will be altogether 3018 polling stations across the state, he said adding that if necessary ‘auxiliary voting centres' would be added to the main ones.
The Commission is also trying to introduce exclusively woman run polling stations in Agartala town.
From Our Network
- AgustaWestland scam: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Rajya Sabha today
- Is Kejriwal a heroine that I would force a hug on him, asks Lalu Yadav
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- Skill India: Top 6 quotes of PM Modi
- Play active role for village development, use Centre’s resources: PM Modi
- Delhi Police bust JeM module in Delhi, 12 suspected operatives detained
- Learn to dry-clean your clothes at home!
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab US F16 deal
- After Jennifer Winget, Karan Singh Grover’s first wife Shraddha Nigam speaks up on his wedding with Bipasha Basu
- Watch: Sushmita Sen gives ‘wonderful’ speech at daughter’s Annual Day function