The party suspended Puttaswamy, also a special invitee to BJP's backward classes cell, for filing papers which was an “anti-party activity”, BJP state President K S Eshwarappa told reporters here.
“Puttaswamy is not an official candidate of BJP”, Eshwarappa said hours after Yeddyurappa loyalist Puttaswamy made a last-minute entry on the last day of nomination filing hotting up the poll scene amid the political crisis gripping BJP in the state.
The party also felt it was wrong on the part of ten MLAs who signed the nomination papers of Puttaswamy, he said.
Eshwarappa said notices would be issued to these MLAs seeking an explanation for their action.
From Our Network
- Kerala polls: Can Sreesanth create history by becoming the first BJP MLA in the state?
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- Maha: Row over CM relief fund used for dance troupe's Bangkok visit
- Met LG not for withdrawal of cases against AAP leaders: Satyendra Jain
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Gambhir, Kohli fined for IPL Code of Conduct breach
- Nawazuddin’s amazing journey: From sharing flat with five to buying posh apartment in Mumbai
- In Pics: Priyanka Chopra dines with Barack Obama and Michelle Obama at White House
- When Lata Mangeshkar & Asha Bhosle turned foes from sisters!