The party suspended Puttaswamy, also a special invitee to BJP's backward classes cell, for filing papers which was an “anti-party activity”, BJP state President K S Eshwarappa told reporters here.
“Puttaswamy is not an official candidate of BJP”, Eshwarappa said hours after Yeddyurappa loyalist Puttaswamy made a last-minute entry on the last day of nomination filing hotting up the poll scene amid the political crisis gripping BJP in the state.
The party also felt it was wrong on the part of ten MLAs who signed the nomination papers of Puttaswamy, he said.
Eshwarappa said notices would be issued to these MLAs seeking an explanation for their action.
From Our Network
- ‘A Wednesday’ stars Naseeruddin Shah, Anupam Kher train guns on each other over Kashmiri Pandits
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- “I take full responsibility of 'Brahmotsavam' failure,” says Mahesh Babu
- Puducherry violence: Things won’t be easy for new CM Narayansamy
- What? Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has replaced Arijit Singh for Salman Khan’s Sultan?