April 21, 1526: Mughal leader Zahiruddin Muhammad Babar, a descendant of Genghis Khan and Tamerlane, defeats Ibrahim Lodhi, the last sultan of the Lodhi dynasty at the First Battle of Panipat.
March 17, 1527: Babar defeats Rana Sangram Singh (Rana Sanga), the Rajput king of Chittorgarh at the Battle of Khanwa near Agra and solidifies his control over most of northern India.
From Our Network
- Air ambulance with seven on-board crash lands in Delhi
- Lovebirds Virat and Anushka spotted dining at Bangalore restaurant (see pics)
- 'Kim Yo-jong ka Swayamvayar': North Korean dictator turns matchmaker for his sister
- Viral Video: Daughter assaults her 85 year old mother in Delhi
- Here’s how Shilpa Shetty lost 21 kgs in just 3 months after pregnancy