The ordinance, named Criminal Law Amendment Ordinance has been cleared by the Union Cabinet on Friday.
Under the ordinance, recruiting and trnsferrig anyone for exploitation by force, threat, fraud or inducement will be considered a crime that provides for a jail term of three to five years, for those who, despite knowing or having a reason to believe that their employee is a victim of trafficking, hire a trafficked adult.
From Our Network
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Abhishek Bachchan reacts to reports of wife Aishwarya’s pregnancy
- Choppergate fallout: Govt scraps Rs 1,200 crore deal to procure Torpedoes for submarines
- Rishi Kapoor gives epic reply to Congress supporters who named a Sulabh toilet after him
- What makes Chabahar port a ‘strategic asset’ for India against both China and Pakistan?