The ordinance, named Criminal Law Amendment Ordinance has been cleared by the Union Cabinet on Friday.
Under the ordinance, recruiting and trnsferrig anyone for exploitation by force, threat, fraud or inducement will be considered a crime that provides for a jail term of three to five years, for those who, despite knowing or having a reason to believe that their employee is a victim of trafficking, hire a trafficked adult.
From Our Network
- AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya arrested for for allegedly 'slapping' a 60-year-old man
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- IIFA awards: Fawad Khan goes down on his knees for Deepika Padukone
- Inhuman! Woman, lover tied naked in public while mob clicks pictures
- Centre’s SIT likely to reopen 186 anti-Sikh riot cases