The ordinance, named Criminal Law Amendment Ordinance has been cleared by the Union Cabinet on Friday.
Under the ordinance, recruiting and trnsferrig anyone for exploitation by force, threat, fraud or inducement will be considered a crime that provides for a jail term of three to five years, for those who, despite knowing or having a reason to believe that their employee is a victim of trafficking, hire a trafficked adult.
From Our Network
- Sweeper, ward boy do the jobs of doctors in UP govt hospital
- Bangladesh professor under 24-hour armed guard after death threats
- 3 arrested for allegedly raping nursing student in Kerala
- Baba Ramdev : Top 10 'yoga asanas' for common man
- Modi govt cracks whip on non-performing babus, 33 tax officers shown the door
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Ajay Devgn avoids clash with SRK but plans to go head-on with Karan Johar
- Manoj Bajpayee to promote his forthcoming 'Traffic' on 'Savdhaan India'
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- Former CIA chief who presided over 2011 Osama raid ‘poisoned’ by ISI?