Taking note of what they need to do to move forward in the Indian market, Honda engineers toiled for three years to come out with a new 1.5 litre diesel especially for India which will debut in Amaze. In developing the diesel engine, the company made no shortcuts and it did not re-engineer any of the numerous diesel powertrains available in the world. It also not even formed any association with Fiat or Nissan. The engine of the Amaze sedan has been developed by former Honda's F1 team.
The Honda Amaze, will be the cheapest sedan from a company that is renowned for making three box cars. The Amaze's petrol version has been unveiled in Thailand for 454,000 Baht (Rs 8.2 lakh).
From Our Network
- Mobile buying guide: Top 7 display screens; all you need to know
- The current status and future prospects of affordable housing in India
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Allan Donald quits as South Africa bowling coach
- #DUadmissions: Top 10 colleges of Science, Commerce and Arts
- Top 11 most popular Bollywood stars on social media
- ‘Beef ban’ to continue in Maharashtra but ‘beef possession’ not a criminal offence: Bombay HC
- SRK celebrates HNY success at St. Xavier's College, Kolkata (see pics)