Women Reservation Bill: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Wednesday said that for some parties, the Women's Reservation Bill may be a political issue but for his party and his leader Prime Minister Narendra Modi, it's about empowering them. The passage of women's reservation bill will mark start of new era, PM Modi presented vision of women-led progress in G20, Amit Shah in Lok Sabha.
Amit Shah's speech on Women's Reservation Bill | Top Quotes
- "...For some parties, women empowerment can be a political agenda and a political tool to win elections, but for BJP and Narendra Modi it is not a political issue...," said Amit Shah.
- Yesterday was a day which will be written with golden letters in India’s parliamentary history as the bill to give reservation to women, which was pending for years, was tabled, said Amit Shah.
- Women's security, respect, equal participation have been life force of government since PM Modi took oath of office, the Union Minister said.
- This bill will ensure the participation of women in decision-making, and policy-making in the country, the Union Home Minister Amit Shah said.
- Problem is their roots are not in India, I don't want to say where they are, said Amit Shah as he took a dig at Congress leader Rahul Gandhi during the debate on Women's Reservation Bill in Lok Sabha.
- Women's quota bill brought to Parliament four times earlier but not passed, appeal to Parliament to pass it unanimously now.
- "...This is the fifth attempt to bring the Women's quota bill. From Devegowda ji to Manmohan Singh ji, four attempts were made to bring this bill... what was the reason this bill was not passed?..." said Amit Shah.
- Parliamentarians are currently elected in three categories of General, SC and ST. We have reserved one-third of the seats for women in each of them, the Union Minister said.
- Some people on social media are saying that this bill should not be supported as there is no reservation of OBC, Muslims. If you don’t support this bill, will reservation happen sooner? If you support this bill, then will at least be guarantee, Amit Shah emphasized.
- After the election, the delimitation will take place and soon 33 per cent women will be seen in Lok Sabha, he Shah.
- They (Congress MPs) are asking for a report card of ten years of Modi government but they are not giving their 60 years of rule, Amit Shah said.