Though, it wasn't a flying start for the comedy-cum-political drama on Friday where it made just Rs 4.07 cr in India. Saturday too saw just a marginal growth of Rs 1.78 cr but good reviews and positive word of mouth escalated the business with a great percentage on Sunday where it fetched impressive Rs 8.10 cr nett.
“BhoothnathReturns Fri 4.07 cr, Sat 5.85 cr, Sun 8.10 cr. Total: Rs 18.02 cr nett. India biz... Excellent growth over the weekend,” tweets trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh.
Bhootnath Returns which also stars Boman Irani and Sanjay Mishra has given a backseat to last week's release ‘Main Tera Hero'.
But the Varun Dhawan starrer by its second Saturday has managed to cross Rs 40 cr mark in India.
“MainTeraHero [Week 2 - estimates] Fri 1.50 cr, Sat 2.25 cr. Grand total: approx Rs 42.23 cr nett. India biz”, confirms Adarsh.
Queen, on the other hand is still carrying the momentum in its sixth week and had finally touched Rs 60 cr mark.Queen [Week 6] Fri 5 lacs, Sat 10 lacs. Grand total: Rs 60.40 cr nett. India biz,” writes Adarsh.
It would be interesting to see how Bhoothnath returns, which also carries a strong social message, runs during weekdays.
From Our Network
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Akshay Kumar talks on why Hollywood is difficult for actors than it is for actresses
- Rishi Kapoor gives epic reply to Congress supporters who named a Sulabh toilet after him
- Comedy Nights Bachao: Racist jokes on Lisa Haydon make Akshay Kumar angry
- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt are shedding tears over the death of this popular character