Though, it wasn't a flying start for the comedy-cum-political drama on Friday where it made just Rs 4.07 cr in India. Saturday too saw just a marginal growth of Rs 1.78 cr but good reviews and positive word of mouth escalated the business with a great percentage on Sunday where it fetched impressive Rs 8.10 cr nett.
“BhoothnathReturns Fri 4.07 cr, Sat 5.85 cr, Sun 8.10 cr. Total: Rs 18.02 cr nett. India biz... Excellent growth over the weekend,” tweets trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh.
Bhootnath Returns which also stars Boman Irani and Sanjay Mishra has given a backseat to last week's release ‘Main Tera Hero'.
But the Varun Dhawan starrer by its second Saturday has managed to cross Rs 40 cr mark in India.
“MainTeraHero [Week 2 - estimates] Fri 1.50 cr, Sat 2.25 cr. Grand total: approx Rs 42.23 cr nett. India biz”, confirms Adarsh.
Queen, on the other hand is still carrying the momentum in its sixth week and had finally touched Rs 60 cr mark.Queen [Week 6] Fri 5 lacs, Sat 10 lacs. Grand total: Rs 60.40 cr nett. India biz,” writes Adarsh.
It would be interesting to see how Bhoothnath returns, which also carries a strong social message, runs during weekdays.
From Our Network
- Mute spectators deprived us of chance to see our daughter, says murdered Chennai techie’s father
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- Are Kylie Minogue-Joshua Sasse planning to get married next month?
- When bullets were closer I hugged and kissed my wife: Eyewitness' chilling encounter with attackers at Istanbul airport
- CBI files two fresh chargesheets against six in Vyapam cases