Xiaomi had announced the MIUI 10 Global ROM in September at an event and now the new update is up for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 users. Xiaomi has apparently announced that this would be a nightly global stable update in which only a few random users will receive the update and followed with feedbacks, all users will receive the MIUI 10 Stable Global ROM.
Since its announcement, Xiaomi has rolled out the stable version to other devices like Redmi Note 5, Poco F1, Redmi Note 5 Pro, and Redmi Y2 users. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Stable ROM for the Redmi Note 4 comes with October security patch, redesigned volume sliders, full-screen gestures, AI Portrait mode for the single camera sensor, redesigned notification panel, improved multitasking, natural sound and more.
Steps on how to update your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- To begin with, download the 'Recovery ROM' for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 from the company's website and transfer the ROM file to the root directory of your devices internal storage.
- Now go to Settings, followed with about phone, with the system update and then click on the top right corner of the display.
- Click on the update package now.
- Go to the file explorer window and select the Recovery ROM file you downloaded earlier and tap the OK button.
- As the installation takes its due course, reboot the smartphone to install the update.
- Once done with the update, users can check the current MIUI version by going to settings, followed with About phone that will take you to the page that tells the details about the phone.
Note that the MIUI 10 Stable build for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 has also been rolled out via OTA (over the air). For this, all you need to do is go to settings, followed with general settings and then About Phone that will help you install the update.