"We will perform 28 songs from Sivaji Ganeshan's films during the course of a three-hour programme. The proceeds from the event will go to Little Hearts, an organisation that works for the upliftment of the underprivileged," R. Arun Kumar, head of the South Zone Whistle Association, told IANS.
"We are expecting the participation of actors M.S. Bhaskar sir and Y.G. Mahendran sir too. On the day of the event, members of the audience can also show their whistling talent through a special competition that we have planned for them," he added.
Founded in 2004, the association has since given several performances. Its members are from different walks of life.
Arun Kumar says whistling has a lot of health benefits.
"Whistling helps to supply oxygen to different parts of the body. It also helps in rejuvenating brain cells and serves as a good breathing exercise," he added.
From Our Network
- 'Junooniyat' is entirely different from 'Sanam Re', says Yami Gautam
- Bipasha Basu speaks up on being Karan Singh Grover’s ‘third wife’ and his past
- Huge solar storms helped foster life on Earth, says NASA
- 10 Times Rakhi Sawant Blew Our Mind With Her Epic Statements
- 2nd anniversary celebrations: Govt ropes in Amitabh Bachchan to host five-hour event at India Gate on May 28