"We will perform 28 songs from Sivaji Ganeshan's films during the course of a three-hour programme. The proceeds from the event will go to Little Hearts, an organisation that works for the upliftment of the underprivileged," R. Arun Kumar, head of the South Zone Whistle Association, told IANS.
"We are expecting the participation of actors M.S. Bhaskar sir and Y.G. Mahendran sir too. On the day of the event, members of the audience can also show their whistling talent through a special competition that we have planned for them," he added.
Founded in 2004, the association has since given several performances. Its members are from different walks of life.
Arun Kumar says whistling has a lot of health benefits.
"Whistling helps to supply oxygen to different parts of the body. It also helps in rejuvenating brain cells and serves as a good breathing exercise," he added.
From Our Network
- 5 famous controversies of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt
- Not Ankita Lokhande’s ‘distrust’ but Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘disloyalty’ led to their break-up?
- Kangana gives PERFECT reason for not working with Salman, Aamir and SRK
- See Pics: AbRam playing with father Shah Rukh amidst match is too cute to handle
- MTV Roadies fame Rannvijay Singh gets married (see pics)
- My name is Malaika Arora and I am not a ‘KHAN’: Arbaaz’s wife keen on dropping her surname
- Rakhi Special: 5 Bollywood songs depicting brother-sister bond
- 10 hottest pictures of Poonam Pandey on Twitter!
- Bollywood's most loved bridal avatars of 2014 (see pics)
- See Pics: Virat Kohli is feeling BLISSFUL after break up with Anushka Sharma. Here's the proof