Deepika Padukone began her career in Bollywood with Shah Rukh Khan in Om Shanti Om. But it is actor Salman Khan who is on the wish- list of Deepika Padukone, says a media report.
“ I am really looking forward to working with Salman,” Deepika said. “ In fact, we were supposed to be paired up much earlier. But then a couple of films didn't quite work out. That's sad, but I am sure that in the near future, we will be paired opposite each other,” added Deepika, who will next be seen with Farhan Akhtar in Karthik Calling Karthik.
The 23- year- old model- turned actress has already worked with hotshots such as Akshay Kumar in Chandni Chowk To China and Saif Ali Khan in Love Aaj Kal. She is also working with Abhishek Bachchan, Imran Khan and Neil Nitin Mukesh in Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se, Break Ke Baad and Yash Raj Film's untitled project, respectively.
One can't help wondering what happened to a film called Kick, which was rumoured to be featuring Salman and Deepika together.
The remake of a Telugu film with the same title, it was supposed to be produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and directed by A. R. Murugadoss of the Ghajini fame. “ It is plain rumour.Reports of me working with Salman in Kick are untrue. In fact, I haven't been offered any such film,” Deepika said.
While Deepika's track record shows she has been enjoying a release every six months since the release of Om Shanti Om , the frequency is all set to increase in the coming months.
Soon after Karthik Calling Karthik ( February), Deepika will be seen in Housefull ( April). Either Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se or her film with Neil Nitin Mukesh would be released thereafter. Incidentally, both the films are being shot at a brisk pace. With so much work happening and no play, isn't she worried about a burnout? Doesn't she fear getting tired and worn out with so much work happening month after month? “ Honestly, I don't look at working in films as a job. I really enjoy performing and what I do is something that gives me maximum pleasure and satisfaction.I am better off facing the camera,” smiles Deepika.
“ In any case, I am taken well care of both on and off the sets. I feel comfortable and secure and there are no complaints whatsoever,” she added.
Karthik Calling Karthik is written and directed by Vijay Lalwani and produced by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani under the banner of Excel Entertainment. Apart from Deepika and Farhan, the film has Ram Kapoor and Shefali Shah in supporting roles. Shankar Ehsaan Loy have composed the music while the background score is composed by Midival Punditz and Karsh Kale.
From Our Network
- Amitabh Bachchan requests Kangana Ranaut to recommend his name in her next movie?
- Bajirao Mastani: Top 10 dialogues which will give you goosebumps
- Kangana finally gets support from another actress: Vidya Balan lauds her for standing up for herself
- Khloe Kardashian wanted baby to 'fix' her marriage
- Johnny Lever praises Randeep Hooda, says eager to watch his brilliant acting in 'Sarbjit'
- Raees Vs Kabil: Rakesh Roshan REACTS to Hrithik-SRK’s box-office clash!
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Will file witness list in National Herald case: Swamy to Delhi court
- AgustaWestland scam: How did Swamy get 'sensitive' documents, asks Congress
- West Bengal polls over, Mamata confident but high voter turnout gives hope to Congress-left alliance