A fire broke out at a chili cold storage unit near Britannia Chowk in Delhi's Keshav Puram area today. At least 30 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire.
A call about the blaze was received at 11:50 am and 30 fire tenders were rushed to the cold storage located in Lawrence Road, a senior officer of the Delhi Fire Service said.
The officer said it is a medium category fire and the operation to douse the blaze is still underway. The chili fumes are hampering the fire fighting operation, he added. Some passersby have also complained of eye irritation due to the fumes.
(With inputs from PTI)