The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Tuesday released datesheet for Class 10 and Class 12 Compartment, Optional examinations, and those enrolled under the private category. While exams of class 10 students will be conducted between August 25 and September 8, those for class 12 students will be held between August 25 and September 16.
This year, the number of students placed under compartment in class 10 went down by over 88 per cent since last year. According to CBSE data, a total of 17,636 students were placed under compartment in class 10. Last year, over 1.5 lakh class 10 students were placed under compartment, while the figure was 1.38 lakh in 2019.
CBSE Class 10 DATESHEET
(10:30 am-12:30 pm)
August 25 - Information Technology
August 27 - English Language and Literature
August 31 - Social Science
September 2 - Hindi Course-1, Hindi Course - B
September 3 - Home Science
September 4 - Science Theory
September 7 - Computer Applications
September 8 - Mathematics Standard, Mathematics Basic
CBSE Class 12 DATESHEET
August 26: Business Studies
August 27: Political Science
August 28: Physical Education
August 31: Accountancy
September 1: Economics
September 2: Sociology
September 3: Chemistry
September 4: Psychology
September 6: Biology
September 7: Hindi Elective, Hindi Core
September 8: Informatics Prac (New), Computer Science (New)
September 9: Physics
September 11: Geography
September 13: Mathematics
September 14: History
September 15: Home Science
WHO CAN APPEAR
REGULAR STUDENTS -
1. Not satisfied with assessment: Candidates whose result has been 'passed' based on the tabulation policy but they are not satisfied with the assessment
2. Compartment: Students who are not able to meet the qualifying criteria in one/two subjects and placed in compartment category in Class 10/12.
3. Non computable cases: Candidates whose result could not be prepared on the basis of tabulation policy in 2021 i.e. regular candidates of Improvement category.
4. 6th Subject cases: Candidates who have appeared as regular candidates in 6 subjects in 2021 and declared as "pass" but could not clear any one subject from the five main subjects.
PRIVATE STUDENTS -
1. Failed candidates of previous years: Fail category students registered for Main examination 2021 as private candidates.
2. Improvement of performance cases: Improvement candidates registered for Main examination 2021 as private candidates.
3. Additional Subjects: Candidates registered under Additional Subject category for Main examination 2021 as private candidates.
4. 2nd chance compartment (candidates of 2019): Candidates, already registered for Main examination 2021 as private candidates, who had previously appeared in 2019 and whose result was declared as "compartment" and also could not pass in July 2019 (1st chance) and had applied for 2nd chance compartment for the examination held in February/March 2020 these students were not able to appear due to cancellation and non-conduct of the examination of the subject concerned held in September 2020.
5. 2nd chance compartment (candidates of 2020): Candidates, already registered for Main examination 2021 as private candidates, who had previously appeared in 2020 and whose result was declared as "compartment" and could not pass in Sept 2020 (1st chance) and had applied for 2nd chance for the Main examination scheduled in 2021.
6. Private special cases: Patrachar, women and CWSN candidates of Delhi who had applied as private candidate for Main examination 2021.