ANDROID IOS

live tv
  1. You are here:
  2. Home
  3. Politics News
  4. National News
  5. People-to-people contact will continue, no plan to stop it: Government on Indo-Pak ties

People-to-people contact will continue, no plan to stop it: Government on Indo-Pak ties

With various film bodies imposing a ban on Pakistan actors after the Uri attack, government on Tuesday said people-to-people contact would continue and there was no plan to stop it.
India TV News Desk, New Delhi [Updated:19 Oct 2016, 11:21 AM]
Indo-Pak tension- India Tv
Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar

With various film bodies imposing a ban on Pakistan actors after the Uri attack, government on Tuesday said people-to-people contact would continue and there was no plan to stop it.

This was conveyed by Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on External Affairs during discussions on Indo-Pak relations with a specific reference to surgical strikes across the Line of Control on September 29.

"People-to-people contact would continue and there was no plan to stop it," he told the panel.

In the aftermath of the Uri terror attack last month in which 19 Indian soldiers were killed, the MNS issued an ultimatum to Pakistani artistes to leave India. They also threatened to stop the screening of films featuring artistes from Pakistan.

Subsequently, Indian Motion Pictures Producers Association passed a motion to ban the artistes from the neighbouring country.

The Cinema Owners Exhibitors Association of India recently decided not to screen the films with Pakistani actors in four states -- Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka and Goa.

 

Fearing escalation of conflict following the September 18 terror attack in Uri and the retaliatory surgical strikes by the Indian Army on terror launch in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, the defence forces and intelligence agencies on both sides are on high alert. 

(With PTI inputs)