Ravi Udyavar-directorial 'Mom' was one of the most anticipated movies of the year. After its trailer created quite a buzz among the audience, the movie was well-received among both viewers and critics. On the first day of the release, Mom has managed to mint Rs. 2.50 crore on box office, which is fair as it faced a clash with Marvel’s superhero venture Spiderman: The Homecoming. It’s palpable that when we’re talking about the legendary actress Sridevi, mediocrity becomes far-fetched. After giving hits like Sadma, Chaalbaz, Mr. India and the recent English Vinglish, Sridevi has added another feather to her hat.
Apart from the acting skills, the amazing and discrete execution of plot led to such a grand reception of the movie. Let’s discuss about some of the amazing facts of Sridevi-starrer ‘Mom’.
- Mom marks Sridevi’s 300th film and is released in the 50th year of veteran actress’ film career.
- Mom released on July 7th, the same date when Sridevi’s first movie came out on big screens.
- A.R. Rahman has worked with Sridevi for the first time.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui signed the film just to work with Sridevi.
- The amazing response from the trailer led to distributors in South India asking for the dubbed version of film in Tamil, Telegu and Malyalam.
- It’s the first time for Akshaye Khanna and Nawazuddin Siddiqui to work with Sridevi.
- The first look of Mom was revealed by Salman Khan who refers to Sridevi as a bigger star than all the Khans collectively.
- Major parts of film have been shot in Mestia highlands of Georgia.
A compelling drama, set in a grim theme, Mom has Sridevi in the titular role shouldering the film with Nawazuddin Siqqui, Akshaye Khanna and Pakistani actress Sajal Ali. The movie already created a sensation among movie buff owing to a number of reasons. It released on silverscreens on July 7th, 2017.
For more Entertainment stories, click here