Judicial Magistrate First Class Arjun Nallur admitted a private complaint here by the President of minority cell of the district Congress, Sayad W Addu, for Eshwarappa's speech allegedly "instigating" a particular community against others and violating the code of conduct for the May 5 assembly polls.
The complaint has been registered under certain sections of the CRPC and IPC by the court, which posted the case for June 1.
Addu, in his complaint, has prayed to the court to initiate criminal and defamation proceedings against Eshwarappa after the reported comments here.
Congress and a number of individuals have also filed complaints with the district authorities and the returning officer against Eshwarappa for alleged violation of the model code of conduct and instigating communal hatred, seeking "suitable" action against him.
Officials assured them of such action after verifying the video recorded during the programme. When contacted, Eshwarappa said, "I do not know about it. I stand by my comments."
From Our Network
- Jasprit Bumrah vaults to career best No 2 spot in ICC T20I rankings
- What breakup? Alia and Sidharth are actually vacationing together in London (See Pic)
- Kareena Kapoor Khan has some serious relationship advice for Alia Bhatt
- After Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh gives a perfect reply to their ‘rumoured’ break-up
- Here’s how Mira Rajput reacted to audience response to Shahid Kapoor’s ‘Udta Punjab’