The apex court had given four weeks time to Sanjay Dutt and others to surrender to serve their prison terms. The deadline ends on or before April 18.
In his application, the Bollywood star has pleaded that he had too many film engagements to complete and he needed more time to surrender.
Sanjay Dutt was given a five year imprisonment by the apex court in an Arms Act case, out of which Dutt has already completed one and a half year in jail.
Sanjay Dutt was held guilty of acquiring an AK-56 assault rifle and a pistol from the perpetrators of 1993 Mumbai serial blasts. He later destroyed both the weapons, when police came to know about it during investigation.
From Our Network
- Successful, suicidal and the boyfriend connection: What actresses’ death reveal about the glamour world
- Aha Love! Ash just did Q&A on Twitter and hubby Abhishek had a really important query
- Shilpa Shetty-Raj Kundra love story (see rare pics)
- US to closely examine India's Chabahar deal with Iran
- Flipkart Big Shopping Days: 10 deals you should not miss