Rajat Patidar is undoubtedly the man of the moment. From being unsold at the IPL mega auctions to being the man for RCB in the all-important Eliminator, Patidar has indeed come a long way.
Now in another big revelation, Patidar's father, while talking to the media, revealed that Rajat was supposed to be married during the IPL since he at first was unsold.
But since Luvnith Sisodia got injured, Rajat Patidar was called up by the RCB, and he had to postpone his marriage for the same.
Patidar's father further stated that they had chosen a girl from Ratlam, booked a hotel, and May 9 was locked in as the date of the marriage.
Rajat is relatively new to the IPL scene. RCB picked him up in the 2021 auction for his base price of Rs 20 Lakhs. He played just 4 matches for Bangalore last year and scored a total of 71 runs.
Patidar hails from Indore, Madhya Pradesh and also plays for the same state in Ranji Trophy. It was his exploits in the 2018-19 Ranji Season that announced his arrival with a bang as he was the leading run-scorer for them in that season.
After a terrific Ranji season, he was selected for Duleep Trophy as part of the India Blue team in 2019. Since 2018, Patidar has played 38 T20s and scored 1024 at a strike rate of 137.8 with the highest score of 96.
Records broken by Patidar
- Patidar now has the highest score by an uncapped player in the history of IPL Playoffs
- Patidar: 112 for RCB vs LSG
- Manish Pandey: 94 for KKR vs PBKS in 2014
- Manvinder Bisla: 89 for KKR vs CSK 2012
- Patidar now has the highest score by any RCB batsman in knockout games. The previous best was that of Gayle in 2011 where is scored 89 against Mumbai Indians.
- Patidar is now just the fifth player in the history of IPL to score a 100 in a playoffs match.
- 2014: Sehwag's 112 vs CSK
- 2018: Watson's 117 vs SRH
- 2014: Saha's 115 vs KKR
- 2012: Vijay's 113 vs DC
- 2022: Patidar's 112 vs LSG