Reshma was returning with her mother-in-law after celebrating Eid Al Azha when she suddenly had labour pangs.
She was sitting inside the ladies coach. Other women passengers immediately came to her aid, and called in the police.
By the time, the train left Ghatkopar towards Kajurao, the baby girl was born.
Said police constable Dinkar B. Sirsat:"I got a call from the female passengers. I immediately rang up the station master to be ready. The baby girl was born at 10:10 pm, and she and her mother were rushed in am ambulance to Rajodi hospital in ward no.65."
The baby girl's father Nizamuddin Sheikh said, he was at work at that time, and got a phone call to rush to Ghatkopar.
The baby girl will get free travel facility on all Mumbai local trains for the rest of her life as a birthday gift, railway officials said.
From Our Network
- Wahoo! Aamir Khan’s buys new bike containing metal of aircraft 'INS Vikrant'
- Here’s how Mrs. Bipasha Basu Singh Grover is flaunting her marital status
- 5 social evils in India that still prevail
- Bullet train fare 1.5 times higher than AC 1st Class
- Is this the actual reason behind Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s break-up?