Reshma was returning with her mother-in-law after celebrating Eid Al Azha when she suddenly had labour pangs.
She was sitting inside the ladies coach. Other women passengers immediately came to her aid, and called in the police.
By the time, the train left Ghatkopar towards Kajurao, the baby girl was born.
Said police constable Dinkar B. Sirsat:"I got a call from the female passengers. I immediately rang up the station master to be ready. The baby girl was born at 10:10 pm, and she and her mother were rushed in am ambulance to Rajodi hospital in ward no.65."
The baby girl's father Nizamuddin Sheikh said, he was at work at that time, and got a phone call to rush to Ghatkopar.
The baby girl will get free travel facility on all Mumbai local trains for the rest of her life as a birthday gift, railway officials said.
From Our Network
- Delhi to get 1,000 Wi-Fi hotspot spots by year end
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Did UK’s old outdo their young? Survey claims those who will live longest with decision never wanted to leave
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share stage with Oscar-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Watch: When Anil Kumble put country before self and bowled with a broken jaw