Accompanied by security personnel, 61-year-old Colangelo was brought to the state capital by road from Sorada in Ganjam district after being released at a place near Daringbadi in Kandhamal district.
Colangelo, however, met Italian media persons at the hotel while Indian journalists were not allowed inside to have an interaction with him.
“He was straight taken to a luxury hotel where Consul General had been waiting for his return,” a senior police officer said adding that the Italian national was likely to meet other state government official tomorrow morning.
Colangelo was also likely to undertake a brief visit to Puri from where he had left for trekking expedition to tribal-dominated Kandhamal district along with Paolo Bosusco.
While Colangelo was freed today morning his compatriot Paolo was still held captive by the Maoists.
Melchiori had been camping at the state capital here ever since the news of Italian nationals taken hostage by the members of the out-lawed CPI (Maoist) came to the fore.
The duo were abducted by the Maoist from Ganjam-Kandhamal district border on March 14.
From Our Network
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Modi to address rally in Saharanpur, BJP plans mega celebrations
- RJD to nominate Ram Jethmalani, Rabri Devi for Rajya Sabha
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam