The aggressive pricing of Ford's entry-level SUV is sure to challenge the dominance of already established players like Maruti and Hyundai and will set the tone for competitive pricing in the fast growing compact-SUV segment. Fitting perfectly in this segment, the EcoSport makes a good choice for the Indian consumers due its compact size, optimum ride height along with riding and handling of a sedan. The EcoSport was first unveiled in the concept form at the 2012 Auto Expo and is already on sale in Brazil and China. The potential of the steadily growing segment is immense and is already evident with the rising popularity of Renault Duster. Even other carmakers like Honda (with their new Earth Dreams diesel engine), Nissan, Hyundai and Chevrolet, are aggressively planning to tap into the segment with their new offerings. With EcoSport, the company is keen on replicating the success of the Figo, which had undercut Maruti Swift's prices by a handsome margin.
From Our Network
- Humour has vanished from public discourse: PM Modi takes a dig at ‘intolerance’
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- Pak PM Sharif wrote to 17 countries to scuttle India's NSG bid: Aziz
- Turkey president apologises to Vladmir Putin over death of Russian Pilot
- Post her divorce, Karisma Kapoor is eager for comeback on silver screen