Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Annual Meeting 2021 via video conferencing. According to the official release by the Prime Minister's office, the theme of the meeting is India@75: Government and Business working together for Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
WHAT PM SAID:
- Today there is a government in the country which is ready to take the biggest risk in the interest of the nation. GST was stuck for so many years only because those who earlier in the government could not muster up the courage to take political risks. We not only implemented GST but today we are witnessing record GST collection.
- It is the result of the country's faith in our industry that today the ease of doing business is increasing, and the ease of living is increasing. The changes made in the Companies Act are a big example of this.
- Today's new India is ready to go along with the new world. India which was once apprehensive of foreign investment, today it is welcoming all types of investments
- Today, when the youth of India enter the field, they do not have that hesitation. They want to work hard, take risks, bring results. Yes, We belong to this place- We are seeing this feeling in our youth today. Similar confidence is in India's startups today.
- There was a time when we used to think that whatever is foreign is better. What was the result of this psychology, industry veterans like you understand very well. Even our own brands, which we had built after years of hard work, were promoted under foreign names only.
The CII Annual Meeting 2021 is being held over two days of 11-12 August. Heng Swee Keat, Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for Economic Policies, Singapore will address as Special International Guest Speaker. The event will see the participation of many Ministers, senior officials, academics and prominent representatives of Indian industry.