ford
India Vs Sri Lanka 2017
  1. You Are At:
  2. Home
  3. Sports News
  4. Soccer News
  5. FC Barcelona tried to contact me, says Real Madrid midfielder Isco

FC Barcelona tried to contact me, says Real Madrid midfielder Isco

"I never thought about the possibility of being signed by Barcelona, because my idea was to triumph in Real Madrid," said Isco.

Edited by: India TV Sports Desk, New Delhi [ Published on: September 16, 2017 12:32 IST ]
Real Madrid
Isco during a Real Madrid match.Photo:GETTY IMAGES

Real Madrid's attacking midfielder Isco Alarcon said that he never thought about moving to arch-rivals FC Barcelona. The Spain midfielder signed a contract extension with La Liga side for four more years until 2022, after media reported that rivals Barcelona among other big European teams was interested in the star midfielder.

"I never thought about the possibility of being signed by Barcelona, because my idea was to triumph in Real Madrid," Isco stated after signing a new five-year contract at the Santiago Bernabeu.

"I got through hard times, but that makes me relish the good times," Isco added.

He said that "maybe" Barcelona had tried to contact him, but he ignored it as his intention was to stay at Real Madrid and keep improving.

The 25-year-old revealed that he could "have renewed the contract last year, but I wanted to focus" on the competition.

"I was determined to sign it at the beginning of the season. I am very happy and very proud to present the best team in the world. I have 11 titles in three years, which is amazing, but we must be ambitious and the team always wants to win more," he added.

The Spanish midfielder has been in top form for both country and club as the Los Blancos player has played a crucial role in claiming victories for Real Madrid and Spain in the World Cup qualifiers. 

(With IANS Inputs).

Promoted Content
Chunav Manch Gujarat 2017
killer smog
The Ashes

Live Scorecard