Of them, nearly 25,000 pilgrams are trapped between Badrinath and Govindghat, with no rescue and relief teams reaching to them.
Nearly 18,000 pilgrims are trapped between Yamunotri and Gangotri, the two main sources of the rivers Yamuna and Ganga respectively.
On the Kedarnath route, between Rudraprayag and Kedarnath, nearly 20,000 pilgrims are stuck.
The breakups of those dead and missing:
Rudraprayag district : 20 dead, 62 missing
Chamoli district : two dead, four missing
Tehri district : five dead, two missing
Uttarkaashi district : two dead
Dedhradun : six dead, one missing
Almora : one dead
Haridwar : two dead.
More than 250 JCB earthmovers have been pressed to open up the roads blocked due to landslides across Uttarakhand at nearly 450 places.
From Our Network
- Flipkart effect: IITs, IIMs to draft new guidelines for placements
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- 10 hottest pictures of Poonam Pandey on Twitter!
- Arijit Singh speaks up on his tiff with Salman Khan, reveals what exactly happened
- Actress says her superstar husband abused her physically; manages to get restraining order