Of them, nearly 25,000 pilgrams are trapped between Badrinath and Govindghat, with no rescue and relief teams reaching to them.
Nearly 18,000 pilgrims are trapped between Yamunotri and Gangotri, the two main sources of the rivers Yamuna and Ganga respectively.
On the Kedarnath route, between Rudraprayag and Kedarnath, nearly 20,000 pilgrims are stuck.
The breakups of those dead and missing:
Rudraprayag district : 20 dead, 62 missing
Chamoli district : two dead, four missing
Tehri district : five dead, two missing
Uttarkaashi district : two dead
Dedhradun : six dead, one missing
Almora : one dead
Haridwar : two dead.
More than 250 JCB earthmovers have been pressed to open up the roads blocked due to landslides across Uttarakhand at nearly 450 places.
From Our Network
- Humour has vanished from public discourse: PM Modi takes a dig at ‘intolerance’
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- Pak PM Sharif wrote to 17 countries to scuttle India's NSG bid: Aziz
- Turkey president apologises to Vladmir Putin over death of Russian Pilot
- Post her divorce, Karisma Kapoor is eager for comeback on silver screen