Of them, nearly 25,000 pilgrams are trapped between Badrinath and Govindghat, with no rescue and relief teams reaching to them.
Nearly 18,000 pilgrims are trapped between Yamunotri and Gangotri, the two main sources of the rivers Yamuna and Ganga respectively.
On the Kedarnath route, between Rudraprayag and Kedarnath, nearly 20,000 pilgrims are stuck.
The breakups of those dead and missing:
Rudraprayag district : 20 dead, 62 missing
Chamoli district : two dead, four missing
Tehri district : five dead, two missing
Uttarkaashi district : two dead
Dedhradun : six dead, one missing
Almora : one dead
Haridwar : two dead.
More than 250 JCB earthmovers have been pressed to open up the roads blocked due to landslides across Uttarakhand at nearly 450 places.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Now job reservations in private sector also ?
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special