Mumbai, Mar 29: Vipul, a Mumbai chartered accountant, died of burns after his Yamaha RX100 motorbike exploded into a ball of fire, as soon as he kickstarted the two-wheeler.
The incident occured in Parel, when Vipul was preparing to leave for his office.
The 37-year-old man was rushed to hospital where he succumbed to severe burn injuries.
Motorbike experts say, that 2-stroke engine bikes need regular servicing. On the incident, they said, petrol could have accumulated because of a faulty valve leading to the petrol tank suddenly catching fire. Another reason could be that the two-wheeler was old and had not been properly serviced.