The stench of urine from the partially closed toilet next to which they are cooking is strong, but the spirit to survive is indomitable too.
Yashoda Devi, a woman in her 40s from Bhagalpur in Bihar, is amongst the scores of people from all over the country who camp outside the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in the expansive heart of the national capital waiting for treatment for themselves, or for their loved ones.
She is here for the treatment of her 12-year-old son, who is suffering from cancer and also spends his days out in the cold.
From Our Network
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- ‘I am a UP waala’ and 10 other highlights of PM Modi’s speech
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Arijit Singh speaks up on his tiff with Salman Khan, reveals what exactly happened
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex