Here on a three-day visit, Gen Singh said such reports show that people were unnecessarily trying to throw muck at the government and the army and they need to be taken to task.
“This is absolutely stupid,” he told PTI when asked to comment on the report in the Indian Express yesterday that said the government was “spooked” on the night of January 16-17 because of the movement of a mechanised infantry battalion from Haryana's Hisar and a sizeable section of 50 Para Brigade.
“Whosoever is trying to make stories against the army chief is deplorable.
“And what it shows is that people are unnecessarily trying to throw much at both the government and the army and such people should be taken to task,” he said.
The Army Chief is in Nepal to attend a three-day Regional seminar on Natural Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance.
In New Delhi yesterday, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the defence establishment dismissed the report as “alarmist” and “absolutely baseless”.
From Our Network
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- IPL 2016 final: RCB, Sunrisers to clash for maiden title win
- Members of Rs 100 crore club: These are the highest grossing Bollywood films till date
- Children climb 2,500 foot ladder to go to school, heartbreaking pics go viral
- Pre-wedding photo shoot inside Mysore Palace lands officials in trouble