Tendulkar definitely is one of the most prolific run getters in International cricket. He is an astute and consistent performer who continues to deliver at an age where people start looking for retirement plans.
Tendulkar was born into a Rajapur Saraswat Brahmin family in Mumbai. His mother Rajni worked in the insurance industry, and his father Ramesh Tendulkar, a Marathi novelist, named Tendulkar after his favourite music director, Sachin Dev Burman.
Tendulkar attended Sharadashram Vidyamandir where he began his cricketing career under the guidance of his coach and mentor, Ramakant Achrekar at the local ground, Shivaji Park.
From Our Network
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Inhuman! Woman, lover tied naked in public while mob clicks pictures
- It’s a girl: Dimpy Ganguly and husband Rohit Roy welcome their first born