In a country like India, it becomes even more difficult for a female politician as caste, creed and religion play decisive role in Indian politics.
It's true that most of the successful women politicians in this country owe their success to their family's political background; nevertheless, nobody can deny them the credit for putting in hard work and displaying requisite acumen for not only surviving but carving a separate niche for themselves.
Modern India has witnessed emergence of many such female politicians. Let's have a look at 10 such outstanding female politicians of India who have broken the tradition myths and proved that a female can be as good a politician as a male.
From Our Network
- Common thread linking terrorism, smuggling and drugs needs to be broken: Pranab Mukherjee
- Was advised to retire after Beijing Olympics: Sushil Kumar
- Physicist Stephen Hawking plans to map entire known universe
- After Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh gives a perfect reply to their ‘rumoured’ break-up
- What? Shah Rukh Khan is 'blackmailing' Uday Chopra 'publicly'