In a country like India, it becomes even more difficult for a female politician as caste, creed and religion play decisive role in Indian politics.
It's true that most of the successful women politicians in this country owe their success to their family's political background; nevertheless, nobody can deny them the credit for putting in hard work and displaying requisite acumen for not only surviving but carving a separate niche for themselves.
Modern India has witnessed emergence of many such female politicians. Let's have a look at 10 such outstanding female politicians of India who have broken the tradition myths and proved that a female can be as good a politician as a male.
From Our Network
- Agusta choppers: No evidence against Sonia, Congress quotes Italy judge
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- Play active role for village development, use Centre’s resources: PM Modi
- GSPC defaulted Rs.19,700 crore bank loan under Modi: Congress
- Salman on Eid and Ajay, Hrithik on R-Day: Is SRK caught between devil and deep sea?
- Is this the actual reason behind Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s break-up?
- Kangana-Hrithik & Salman’s ambassadorship: Sanjay Dutt speaks on burning controversies
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors