The SIT probe should be done under the supervision of either the Supreme Court or a parliamentary committee, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said here.
“Because the Congress is notoriously known for misusing CBI for partisan political ends. That's why for BJP the suggestion of a CBI inquiry is not acceptable. Because, CBI has no credibility and the government's intention is also doubtful.
“Because this issue was raised in 2011 in Parliament and also a letter was written to the Defence Minister, in spite of that, government did not act so far,” he told reporters.
The government talked about a CBI inquiry only after a case was filed over the issue in Italy and the “revelations” came to light that “payments were made to Indian middlemen also,” he said.
“We do not have confidence in CBI. Because we have seen how the CBI, the Governor's institution, the Income Tax department, the Enforcement Directorate and all other organisations are being misused by the government, one, to harass political opponents, second, to keep its allies under control and third, to win over neutrals,” he alleged.
Claiming that the government was trying to side-track the issue by saying that it began when NDA was in power, Naidu maintained that “nothing started in NDA regime.” BJP would not mind evenif the inquiry covered from 2003 (when NDA was in power), he said.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- 65 samples + 22 fonts 1 golden Sultan: New poster of Salman Khan’s EID release creates curiosity
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Elderly Christian woman stripped naked and paraded through streets by mob
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500 years: IIT, ASI scientists