Patna, Mar 1 : A CBI court today framed charges against former Bihar chief ministers Lalu Prasad and Jagannath Mishra and ruling JDU MP Jagdish Sharma in connection with the multi-crore fodder scam.
Charges were also framed against former RJD MP R K Rana in connection with the case.
Designated CBI Judge V K Srivastava framed the charges against them in the case relating to fraudulent withdrawals of around Rs 46 lakh by officials of state animal husbandry department from Banka and Bhagalpur treasuries through fake enforced bills between 1994-96.
During the period, Prasad was the Chief Minister of Bihar.
Prasad alleged that he has been falsely implicated in the case and the “CBI had not procured gubernatorial nod for prosecution in this case”.
The central investigative agency had charge sheeted them in this conspiracy angle case on March 3, 2003.
From Our Network
- Former IAF chief S P Tyagi cracks, admits meeting Finnmeccanica officials
- ‘No understanding of India’: India counters US report on religious freedom
- How Bajirao's Mastani united Hindus and Muslims after her death
- Delhi 'most polluted city' of the World: WHO
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM candidate: Prashant Kishor trying to kill two birds with one stone?
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- What is Jacqueline’s relationship status? You might never know
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- After Jennifer Winget, Karan Singh Grover’s first wife Shraddha Nigam speaks up on his wedding with Bipasha Basu