Congress party has formed an election committee for the upcoming Rajasthan Assembly elections. The committee is headed by Govind Singh Dotasara, the state's current PCC chief. Other members of the committee include former CM Ashok Gehlot, former deputy CM Sachin Pilot, and several other senior party leaders. The committee has been tasked with overseeing the party's election preparations, including candidate selection, campaign strategy, and fundraising. It will also be responsible for ensuring that the party's election machinery is in place and running smoothly.
The Rajasthan Assembly elections are scheduled to be held in December 2023. The Congress party is hoping to wrest power from the BJP, which has been in power in the state for the past 5 years.
The formation of the election committee is a significant step in the Congress party's preparations for the Rajasthan Assembly elections. The committee's work will be crucial in determining the party's chances of success in the elections.
Here are some of the key members of the Congress election committee for Rajasthan:
- Govind Singh Dotasara (Chairman)
- Ashok Gehlot (Former CM)
- Sachin Pilot (Former Deputy CM)
- Prithviraj Chavan (Rajya Sabha MP)
- Randeep Surjewala (AICC spokesperson)
- Avinash Pandey (AICC general secretary)
- Ajay Maken (AICC general secretary)
- KC Venugopal (AICC general secretary)
- Jitendra Singh (AICC general secretary)
- Dheeraj Gurjar (AICC general secretary)
- Raghu Sharma (Minister in Rajasthan government)
- Pratap Singh Khachariyawas (Minister in Rajasthan government)
- Hem Singh Bhadana (Minister in Rajasthan government)