Fidel Martinez and Paraguayan Pablo Aguilar scored in the first half for Tijuana, with the second goal allowed despite replays suggesting he was offside. Edgar Benitez scored for Toluca.
Tijuana is a newcomer to Mexico's first division and was promoted only last year, while Toluca is attempting to win its 11th title to equal Guadalajara Chivas as Mexico's most successful club.
From Our Network
- Humour has vanished from public discourse: PM Modi takes a dig at ‘intolerance’
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- Pak PM Sharif wrote to 17 countries to scuttle India's NSG bid: Aziz
- Turkey president apologises to Vladmir Putin over death of Russian Pilot
- Post her divorce, Karisma Kapoor is eager for comeback on silver screen