After the Delhi bowlers kept Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Co under wraps restricting them to a modest 110 for eight, the home batsmen made short work of the target knocking off the runs in only 13.2 overs to register their second win of the tournament.
Virender Sehwag was in blazing form as he set the tone with a typically aggressive 21-ball 33 that was laced with six and four boundaries.
The six was a typical Sehwag shot as he lofted Albie Morkel over extra cover. Naman Ojha had hit three boundaries in the first over as Daredevils never looked back.
Kevin Pietersen took over from where Sehwag left as he smashed an unbeaten 43 off 26 balls (3x4, 2x6) adding 61 runs with Mahela Jayawardene (20 no) to finish off the proceedings with 40 balls remaining.
Earlier, a disciplined bowling effort backed by some woeful running between wickets by opposition batsmen helped the Daredevils restrict defending champions to a modest total.
With as many as four CSK batsmen being victims of horrible misunderstandings, Virender Sehwag's bowlers also responded well by keeping the batsmen under tight leash.
While Morne Morkel returned with best figures of 2/19 from fours overs, it was spin twins Roloef van der Merwe (4-0-15-0) and young Shahbaz Nadeem (3-0-9-0) who gave away only 24 runs in their seven overs to set the match up for home team.
Delhi skipper Sehwag won the toss and rightfully elected to field first as the wicket had a bit of juice and there was enough for the home side bowlers to exploit the windy conditions.
From Our Network
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- Watch: 'You're not happy India won', captain cool Dhoni fumes at journalist
- IPL 8: Glenn Maxwell has disappointed himself: George Bailey
- Sachin Tendulkar prays for flood victims, says Chennai is fighting back
- Ahmed Shehzad acted like Afridi's servant: Former PCB chief
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special