Punjab Police chief has placed Kulwinder Singh, commandant 80th Battalion of the Punjab Armed Police (PAP) at Jalandhar Cantt. under suspension, a police spokesman said here.
"He has been suspended for misuse of his official position by using police personnel and vehicle of his battalion for construction work at his farmhouse in village Variana (Jalandhar). He has been further attached with the Punjab Police Headquarters at Chandigarh," the spokesman said.
He said that an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer inspected the farmhouse site following complaints of misuse of personnel and vehicles. Eleven police personnel and a truck of the police were found at the farmhouse and were brought back by the officer.
"The case has also been sent to the government for holding a regular departmental enquiry, leading to award of major punishment of dismissal," the spokesman added.
From Our Network
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Inhuman! Woman, lover tied naked in public while mob clicks pictures
- It’s a girl: Dimpy Ganguly and husband Rohit Roy welcome their first born