Punjab Police chief has placed Kulwinder Singh, commandant 80th Battalion of the Punjab Armed Police (PAP) at Jalandhar Cantt. under suspension, a police spokesman said here.
"He has been suspended for misuse of his official position by using police personnel and vehicle of his battalion for construction work at his farmhouse in village Variana (Jalandhar). He has been further attached with the Punjab Police Headquarters at Chandigarh," the spokesman said.
He said that an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer inspected the farmhouse site following complaints of misuse of personnel and vehicles. Eleven police personnel and a truck of the police were found at the farmhouse and were brought back by the officer.
"The case has also been sent to the government for holding a regular departmental enquiry, leading to award of major punishment of dismissal," the spokesman added.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special