The 70th edition of the prestigious Cannes Film Festival started off yesterday amid glitz and glamour. The mega event saw the attendance of popular celebrities across the globe with dresses that were a visual treat to the eyes.
Our very own Mastani of Bollywood, Deepika Padukone looked like a beautiful dream come true at her Cannes debut.
Here are five gorgeous ladies who stole the show completely with their breath-taking attires
- Italian actress and fashion model Monica Bellucci rocked black with grace.
- Deepika Padukone stunned everyone in Marchesa Notte off-shoulder maroon gown.
- American actress Elle Fanning made a stunning appearance.
- Czech model and actress Eva Herzigova rocked the golden gown.
- American model and actress Emily Ratajkowski's nude coloured dress was a hit.
While the festival is as politically charged as ever this year as new movies battle it out for the top prize, not every celeb scored brownie points for their red carpet looks at Cannes 2017.
There were some not-so-impressive appearances that didn’t go too well with the fashion police. Here are celebs who didn't quite get their red carpet looks right.
- Israeli supermodel Hofit Golan's dress was just over-the-top.
- Spanish actress Rossy de Palma didn't quite nail her red carpet look.
- Spanish actress Victoria Abril's tribal inspired look was a total nay.
- French actress Frederique Bel's attire is just too complicated