In a fresh assault directed at security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, terrorists on Sunday morning attacked the Army’s 12th brigade headquarters in Uri, near the Line of Control.
* The Army said the four terrorists killed after they slaughtered 17 soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir were foreigners and belonged to Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed outfit.
* The Director General Military Operations (DGMO), Lt. Gen. Ranbir Singh, told reporters the army had recovered some articles with "Pakistan markings" from the slain terrorists.
* Pakistan is a terrorist state and it should be identified and isolated as such. There are definite and conclusive indications that the perpetrators of Uri attack were highly trained, heavily armed and specially equipped. I am deeply disappointed with Pakistan’s continued and direct support to terrorism and terrorist groups: Rajnath Singh
* Deeply distressed at the terror incident in Uri and the loss of 17 brave soldiers martyred. I pray for the speedy recovery of the injured.My heartfelt condolences to the families of the martyred soldiers. Those behind this terror incident would be brought to justic: HM Rajnath Singh
* Have spoken to Home Minister and Defence Minister on the situation. Defence Minister will go to J&K himself to take stock of the situation: PM Modi
* We salute all those martyred in Uri. Their service to the nation will always be remembered. My thoughts are with the bereaved families: PM Modi
* We strongly condemn the cowardly terror attack in Uri. I assure the nation that those behind this despicable attack will not go unpunished: PM Modi
* Army Chief General Dalbir Singh reaches Srinagar (J&K), will meet soldiers injured in Uri Attack.
* Home Minister Rajnath Singh chairs high level security meet at his residence
* Director General Military Operations (DGMO) Lt. Gen. Ranbir Singh, Defence secretary G Mohan Kumar, CRPF DG, IB Chief have arrived for meet
* High level security meet to take place at HM Rajnath Singh's residence shortly, MHA & MoD officials to attend
In yet another offensive against security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, heavily armed militants stormed a battalion headquarters of the Army in North Kashmir's Uri town in the wee hours today, killing 17 jawans and injuring 19 other personnel.
The Army succeeded in neutralising all the four militants but lost 17 precious lives as the administrative base had large strength of troops of units turning over after their tour of duty who were stationed in tents and temporary shelters which caught fire.
* MHA, Defence Ministry have taken this very seriously. We won’t tolerate this: Hansraj Ahir
* We salute the sacrifice of 17 soldiers who were martyred in the operation: Army
* The administrative base had large strength of troops of units turning over after their tour of duty who were stationed in tents/temporary shelters which caught fire, and resulted in heavy casualties: Army
* In the counter action, four terrorists have been eliminated and combing operations are in progress: Army
* On the early hours of 18 September 2016, a group of heavily armed terrorists targeted the rear administrative base of a unit at Uri, Kashmir: Army
* Defence Minister Parrikar to visit Srinagar today in wake of the terror attack in Uri
* Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh to visit Kashmir in the wake of terror attack in Uri
* 17 soldiers died in terrorist attack in Uri (J&K). Total four terrorists killed in the operation. Combing operations in progress.
* All terrorists gunned down by Army, who attacked Rear Base of one of the unit deployed at Uri (J&K). Search operation on.
* Four militants killed in Uri attack: Army spokesperson
* Home Minister Rajnath Singh instructs Home Secretary and other senior officers in MHA to closely monitor the situation in J&K: ANI
* Rajnath Singh speaks to Governor & CM of J&K regarding Uri terror attack, they apprised him of security situation in the state:ANI
* The injured army men have been rushed to Army base hospital in Srinagar.
* Eight of injured jawans are said to be very critical
* Three jawans killed, 18 injured in the attack, reports India Today
* Helicopters pressed into service to deploy Special Forces of the Army and to evacuate the injured.
* Para Commandos of the Army airdrop at Uri
* Rajnath Singh has called an emergency meeting of concerned officials over the ongoing encounter
* Home Minister Rajnath Singh today postponed his scheduled visit to Russia and the United States.
The attack began at 5.30am in the morning when terrorists breached the perimeter fence and entered the camp.