New Jersey, Feb 20: Whitney Houston was laid to rest at a private ceremony in New Jersey on Sunday.
Earlier the hearse with her coffin left the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, followed by limousines carrying close family and friends.
Houston was buried at the cemetery in Westfield where her father was interred in 2003.
Crowds of onlookers gathered along the route to her gravesite as the police-escorted motorcade made its way to the cemetery.
Houston died on 11 February in Beverly Hills, California, on the eve of the Grammy music awards aged 48.
No cause of death has yet been determined.
From Our Network
- SEBI on recovery mode, 4700 acres of Sahara's land put on sale
- Shah Rukh Khan avoids Mumbai traffic in the most UNBELIEVABLE way
- To counter Sahara and Sardha like Ponzi schemes, Modi govt may bring a new bill
- UP horror: 15-yr-old girl raped, murdered and tied to tree
- Missing Pakistani boy found in Rajasthan after 2 years