IND vs IRE 2nd T20I: India win by 4 runs
This is Jishu Bhattacharya signing off. See you next time when India take on England in their whites
It is farewell for today, do not forget to chck your heart rate because this was some quality stuff from both the teams, especially the Irish team who were not expected to get close to this total. We hope that you enjoyed the coverage as much as we enjoyed bringing it to you.
That was some game by the Irish team who can hold their head high, India win the game by 4 runs, but the Irish team was nothing short of spectacular tody. That was some game of cricket.
- IRE 214/5 after 19.3: It is all happening, Ireland closing in on victory
- IRE 195/5 after 18 overs: Ireland making it tough for India, match goin down the wire
- IRE 189/5 after 17.1 overs: Ireland closing in on victory, need 36 off 15 deliveries
- IRE 135/3 after 13 overs: After Andy Balbirnie departs, India controls Ireland's flow of runs
- IRE 104/2 after 9.1 overs: Balbirnie hits a 50, skipper adamant to see his team home
- IRE 52/1 after 5.3 overs: Bishnoi dismisses the dangerous Stirling, will this cause a collapse?
- IRE 52/0 after 5.2 overs: Carnage, absolute carnage by Stirling and skipper Balbirnie, Ireland way ahead of India at this stage
- IRE 18/0 after 1 over: Paul Stirling gives a flyer of a start to the Irish chase
Back here for Ireland's Chase
That was some quality and on the edge hitting by the Indian team, see you back in a while for the chase.
- IND finish on 227/7 after 20 overs: As wickets fall in heal in the end, India put up a huge total of 227, a steep mountain for the Irish to climb
- IND 212/4 after 18: Deepak Hooda departs, incoming DK, are we in some more fireworks?
- IND 206/3 after 17.2: Deepak Hooda hits his maiden ton, Suryakumar Yadav departs
Sanju Samson and Deepak Hooda put together a stand of 168* which is the highest partneship for any wicket for India and the highest partnership for 2nd wicket across all T20Is
- IND 201/2 after 17: Sanju Samson departs but Deepak Hooda carries on with Surya belting the Irish bowlers all over the park
- IND 165/1 after 14.4: Hooda and Samson on carnage here. Hooda just six runs away from his first T20I ton
- IND 129/1 after 12: India exposing Ireland's shortcomings, Hooda and Samson put a 100 run partnership
- IND 54/1 after 6 overs: India maximize the powerplay and will look to build on it. Hooda on 27 off 16 balls and Samson on 25 off 18 deliveries
- IND 34/1 after 4.2 overs: Deepak Hooda and Sanju Samson going strong, Little traps Deepak Hooda in front, but he survives
- IND 21/1 after 3 overs: As Ishan Kishan departs early, Sanju Samson is joined by Deepak Hooda, last match's hero who is taking the attack to this Irish team
Sanju Samson has replaced Ruturaj Gaikwad for this game and will open with Ishan Kishan
Ireland (Playing XI): Paul Stirling, Andrew Balbirnie(c), Gareth Delany, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker(w), George Dockrell, Mark Adair, Andy McBrine, Craig Young, Joshua Little, Conor Olphert
Welcome back. It is almost time as we await the start of the 2nd T20I between both these young sides. India has won the toss and is batting first